Narrow Band IoT (NB IoT) Solutions to Overcome the Traditional IoT Challenges
Internet of Things is a disruptive innovation that is increasingly finding its place in almost every walk of our lives. However, there are situations where unleashing the raw power of connected devices is difficult because of the underlying challenges. These challenges are associated with poor connectivity and connection bandwidth, short battery lives of the devices, and difficulty in battery replacement due to the physical placement of the devices in the hard-to-reach places, such as high-temperature systems, underground or underwater systems and other areas with difficulty in access.
NB IoT (Narrow Band Internet of Things) addresses these challenges by improving the connection efficiency, penetration, power consumption and system capacity of the devices. In order to ensure a wide, secure and low-cost connectivity, it rides on the cellular networks and is able to utilize the standard LTE connectivity.
How We Can Help – Our NB-IoT Solution
Our teams have poured their rich experience in IoT, embedded systems, and telecom in order to build a solution that:
The PureSoftware provides a complete solution which covers IoT HW device, a specific sensor to meet the use case, Data management servers over M2M protocol, GUI, analytics, etc., PureSoftware can also provide integration support with IOT HW devices with third partner cloud-based M2M accelerator platform with supporting GUI/dashboard, etc., NB-IoT HW Devices from PureSoftware are currently being used by customers as either commercial quality devices (as long as the use case is confirmed), Proofs-of-Concept (POC) and Proof-of-Architecture(POA) purpose. To know more about PureSoftware End-to-End IoT Engineering Solutions, Please visit IoT Engineering Services.
PureSoftware NB-IoT device is based on Qualcomm NB-IoT modem chipset with a built-in ARM core-based application processor. Whereas this solution uses batteries for power and ensures minimal power consumption, it supports three technologies such as EGPRS(GSM), NB1 and CAT M (with support for a different band).
Note: This solution has been successfully tested on different bands of spectrum in India and other countries within the Asia Pacific (APAC) region
Key Features of our NBIoT Device
- The picture shown is a development version.
- Custom/commercial grade device can be provided as per customer need
- Small form-factor device
- The software is implemented using industry-standard RTOS
- The LwM2M client is fully supported
- Works over NB-IOT and EGPRS network on Band-3 and Band-8
- Tested with DM(Data management) server and BootStrap server
- Unique IMEI number – Provides secure communication between NBIOT device and servers
- Power Saving mode: Key feature to save power customized for the given application use case
- Sensors can be integrated over I2C, GPIO, and ADC
- Firmware update over the air (FOTA)
- Software to monitor battery health alarm reporting